Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mixed Bag Blog

Well it’s official today. Summer ends for me September first. I guess it’s still summer but the summer feeling ends today. Once I start writing the number nine in the month column it’s hard to get those warm and fuzzy feelings about summer. Unless I’m wearing a fleece pullover I guess.



Cheryl's llamas like this kind of weather. Chilly nights and nice sunny days are their favorites. This is the garden gate between our front yard and the pasture. They are always curious so this is a popular hang out. Especially when our little dog comes out to bark and show his authority. They just sneer and laugh.



We have the wheels repaired for Mad Max and they are ready for primer. Here Bob is doing some last minute preparation just before primer. We are shooting to have this vehicle ready for our display at the Villa Louis Carriage Classic coming up in a little less than two weeks.



The final sanding is also in the works on the Kimball Brougham. The body is now in final coat primer. Here Bob has the body tipped up on edge to catch the bottom. We will be putting some color on this body the week after next.



The Whisky body is now in the final coat of colors. The vermillion was sprayed yesterday so it needs to dry out one more day before we start sanding. It will be wet sanded then three or four more coats of clear to finish it up.



Dale has the Whiskey chassis and wheels moved over to the trim shop. He was sewing up shaft trim and preparing to start striping when I took this photo this morning. Our window on this vehicle is winding down.



In the mean time I’m working through a run of Sprint Cart frames. This is the first run of our new frame design. It has been a little slow going as I’ve been building and modifying our frame jigs as I go along. They are all tacked together ready to be welded. Once to this stage it takes about 45 minutes to do the actual welding. I’m hoping to have one or two of these available for our display at Villa as well.

Have a great day.

Best!
Todd

6 comments:

Worldwide1 said...

Wonderful,creative work....just outstanding craftsmanship.

Toddersville said...

Thanks WW1! Nice blogs yourself. Keep up the good work.

Best!
T

Unknown said...

Super nice! I love the vermilion color. That sprint cart is your own design, right? I'm trying to learn about the different types of carts and carriages and the suspension and draught, etc. I'll have to head over to your catalog site again.

Toddersville said...

Hi Cara,

Yes the Sprint is our design. The carts on the webpage are the old model. This is the new design which will look pretty different. I should have a couple of the new ones done within two weeks and I'll post some pictures.

Wait til you see the black stripes on the vermillion. It's hot!

Thanks for watching.

Best!
T

Unknown said...

Did your research turn up anything on your Kimball Brougham SN 2839. Your work in outstanding. I would say better than new. I have a Kimball Lady Brougham SN 1598 that is getting a partial restoration. My group is all volunteer with The Old West Museum and Cheyenne Frontier Days Parades Committee. I have been following your blog for inspiration. Thanks.

Ray K, Wagon Doctor
Cheyenne, Wyoming

Unknown said...

Did your research turn up anything on your Kimball Brougham SN 2839. Your work in outstanding. I would say better than new. I have a Kimball Lady Brougham SN 1598 that is getting a partial restoration. My group is all volunteer with The Old West Museum and Cheyenne Frontier Days Parades Committee. I have been following your blog for inspiration. Thanks.

Ray K, Wagon Doctor
Cheyenne, Wyoming