We started American Carriage Builder back in April of 2009. The very first blog in April was on the Whiskey that we were building for Vicki Nelson-Bodoh. We have taken that project along with several others from start to finish and we are happy that you have been along to watch.
This was one of the first images that I posted of the Whiskey when it was in the early stages of construction. The chassis and body were roughed out and the shape was pretty visible.
A few weeks later we were working on steps and ironwork. By this point we had come quite a ways further with the body and the vehicle was really taking shape.
Then into the early priming and paint stages.
Here it was yesterday. We pulled it out at about noon for some photos before it was loaded up and off the Prairie du Chien. I thought it turned out awesome. So did our clients and they are looking forward to seeing it put to a pony. Sometimes as you work through projects things just seem to click. The ideas go from my head to reality and everything works. That was the case with this project. The design was good and everything pretty much went as planned.
The paint went on well. Sometimes we scratch our heads and wonder how we get so lucky under pressure. Paint can go wrong. When it does you can loose days at a time. Not this time.
The striping looked stunning in broad style and it fit this carriage perfectly.
Outstanding profile. I don’t know what else to say about that topic.
So in the end it was a really nice project. The big test will be over the weekend to see how it performs. I expect it to perform well and something tells me it will be getting some attention. Thanks for watching this project as it went start to finish on American Carriage Builder. Watch the blog over the weekend for photo updates of the Whiskey in action.
Have a great day.